H.S. Eckels & Company – Privacy Statement
H.S. Eckels & Company; (“Eckels”), has always recognized the importance of an individual’s privacy, especially in our service to funeral directors and cemeterians. Although Eckels rarely serves the individual client, all personal information provided to Eckels, by our professional clientele, has always been treated with discretion and respect.
As of January 1, 2004, Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act; (the “Act”), now applies to virtually all commercial organizations, including Eckels. The Act requires that all personal information be initially collected with consent, that it be securely stored and only used appropriately.
Eckels maintains blended security features to protect personal information. Eckels will never sell, trade or barter personal information, to anyone, for commercial gain. At any time a client, by written request, may access their personal information, and request that any errors or omissions be corrected. Eckels will keep personal information as long as reasonably necessary to complete our services.
Eckels, in demonstrating our commitment to protecting the privacy of individuals, has created our own Privacy Code of Conduct, which complies with or exceeds the Act. Eckels’ Privacy Code of Conduct, includes the following four key elements, being:
a. Eckels will only directly collect personal information, from an individual customer, with their informed consent;
b. Eckels will protect personal information, using a variety of security features;
c. Eckels will only use personal information to provide our customers with leading funeral support & related services; and.
d. Eckels will ensure that personal information collected will be returned, or properly disposed of.
Should you have any questions, concerning the Act, our Privacy Code of Conduct, or you wish to make a specific request, kindly contact us via phone at 1.800.265.8350, via fax at 1.800.914.1141 or via e-mail at: email@example.com
H.S. Eckels & Company – Privacy Code of Conduct
Eckels in recognition of Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act; (the “Act”), has adopted a ten-point Privacy Code of Conduct. Eckels’ Privacy Code of Conduct aims to ensure that the professional staff of Eckels collect and maintain personal information in accordance with the Act. Eckels’ Privacy Code of Conduct as it applies to individuals, includes the following ten-points, being:
1. Eckels will only directly collect personal information, from an individual customer, with their informed consent;
2. Eckels will protect personal information, using a variety of security features.
3. Eckels will only use personal information to provide leading funeral support & related services.
4. Eckels shall never sell, trade or barter personal information.
5. Eckels shall maintain and publicly post both the Eckels’ Privacy Statement and Privacy Conduct of Conduct on our website.
6. Eckels shall ensure that individual information is returned, or properly disposed of.
7. Eckels shall, upon written request, provide any individual client with a copy of their personal information in Eckels’ possession, as soon as reasonably possible.
8. Eckels shall, upon written request, correct any individual client’s personal information, in Eckels’ possession, as soon as reasonably possible.
9. Eckels shall, upon written request, accept and review any concern from a current or former individual client, with respect to any specific or general matter pertaining to Eckels’ compliance with the Act.